MPN – formerly known as the Microgaming Poker Network – has introduced a new Achievements facility designed to reward players for completing a series of challenges within a game.
It’s a new way for players to track and share their online poker accomplishments, a service made popular in the social gaming sphere.
“Poker isn’t just about winning money,” says Lydia Melton, head of network games at Microgaming. “It’s also about challenging yourself and your friends and having fun doing it. Our new Achievements feature is about enhancing this aspect of poker.”
Melton says the system has challenges for all player types from serious to recreational, and details the levels going live today in the first phase of the launch as:
* Pimp My Client, which encourages new players to configure the MPN poker client to best suit them.
* Chatterbox, which is awarded to players who socialise with their opponents at the table.
* Cliché Collector, which goes to players who collect a series of iconic Hold’em hands.
* All Rounder, which players receive for trying all poker variants.
* Early Bird, for those players who start new tables and tournaments.
* Live Wire, which is awarded to players who qualify for live events via the MPN.
* Bing Blang Blaow, which requires no explanation for those players familiar with the popular meme.
The MPN has been ramping up its competitive offering this year with a series of developments to its software, a new Bad Beat Jackpot, the Blazing Cannon feature and a new downloadable Mac OS client. These enhancements have already paid off, with more operators joining the network, including Red Star Poker, OlyBet and Paf.