The World Series of Poker Main Event hasn’t disappointed in terms of fast play and thrilling action as contenders were eliminated in short succession, leaving amateur Jay Farber and 23-year-old Ryan Riess the last two standing.
When play resumes on Tuesday, November 5 at 18:00 Pacific Standard Time, Farber and Riess will go heads up for the title, a coveted gold bracelet and a hefty payday of $8,361,570.
November-Niner’s 2013 in order of eliminations currently stand as:
9 Mark Newhouse (United States) $733,224
8 David Benefield (United States $944,650
7 Michiel Brummelhuis (Netherlands) $1,225,356
6 Marc-Etienne McLaughlin (Canada) $1,601,024
5 JC Tran (United States) $2,106,893
4 Sylvain Loosli (France) $2,792,533
3 Amir Lehavot (Israel) $3,727,823
The $10,000 buy-in event attracted an entry field of 6,253 creating a staggering prizepool of $59,714,169.
Farber goes into the final day with a chip lead of 105 million to Riess’ 85.675 million.
UNIBET FLYING HIGH
Net profit nearly triples
Swedish gambling firm Unibet Group plc presented impressive results in its interim report for the nine-month period January 1 to September 30, 2013.
The company reported mobile revenues representing 23 percent of gross winnings revenue for the third quarter compared to just 8 percent for the same period last year.
Key performance indicators for the third quarter ending September 30, 2013 include:
– Gross winnings revenue of GBP 56.1 million (Q3/2012: GBP 43.8 million)
– Profit from operations of GBP 9.2 million (Q3/2012: GBP 4.5 million)
– Profit before tax of GBP 9.2 million (Q3/2012: GBP 4.0 million)
– Profit after tax of GBP 8.2 million (Q3/2012: GBP 3.4 million)
– Earnings per share of GBP 0.292 million (Q3/2012: GBP 0.120 million)
– Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 14.2 million (Q3/2012: GBP 8.7 million)
– Number of active customers was 453,753 million (Q3/2012: GBP 382,378 million).
Key performance indicators for the nine-month period of January 1 to September 30, 2013 include:
– Gross winnings revenue of GBP 169.5 million (9M/2012: GBP 140.3 million)
– Profit from operations of GBP 29.0 million (9M/2012: GBP 22.6 million)
– Profit before tax of GBP 27.9 million (9M/2012: GBP 22.1 million)
– Profit after tax of GBP 25.4 million (9M/2012: GBP 19.8 million)
– Earnings per share of GBP 0.908 million (9M/2012: GBP 0.710 million)
– Operating cash flow before movements in working capital of GBP 43.4 million (9M/2012: GBP 34.2 million)
Henrik Tjärnström, chief executive officer of Unibet said: “Unibet delivered 28 percent year on year growth in gross winnings revenue in the third quarter (22 percent excluding the impact of exchange rate changes million).
“This was achieved despite the excellent summer weather in many of our key markets and high numbers of favourites winning. The growth was wholly organic and demonstrates continued increases in market share.
“It is also satisfying to report that underlying EBITDA for the third quarter increased in line with the growth in revenues, demonstrating improved scalability despite the significant investments Unibet has made in information mining, local regulation and in Kambi.”